top of page

Grupo Mksesportesnv

Público·164 membros

Buy Mac Pro Charger

There are a few different reasons you might need to get a new charger for your MacBook Pro. The fact is that you absolutely need a charger to use your computer. Without it, once your battery dies, you will have no way of recharging and using the computer.

buy mac pro charger

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Furlcod.com%2F2ui4lv&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw16bkI6qsk-Qox9AXHXRZ1b

The second thing that the MacBook Pro charger name tells you is its type. As of 2021, there have been only three versions released: MagSafe, MagSafe 2, and USB-C. The latter is used for the newest MacBook models.

Once you know which Mac charger you need, you might be wondering where to buy one. The most no-brainer option is, of course, visiting your local Apple store or ordering from apple.com. But if you want to save a few dollars or get a special deal, you can also check some other places in the process.

How do you know when to buy a new charger? Obviously you need one when the old charger fails. But sometimes your adapter might simply start working slower than usual, which is quite difficult to pin down, unless you use robust monitoring software.

We then tested a variety of chargers, including some with just USB-C ports and some with both USB-A and USB-C. To find the top options in each category, we put the finalists through a number of tests.

Charging performance is the single most important factor in this product category, and this Nekteck brick performs exactly as expected: It offers enough power for almost any 13-inch laptop, including the more power-hungry 13-inch MacBook Pro. USB-C charging is standardized into different power levels, and the most common ones used with computers and tablets are 45 watts (15 volts, 3 amps) and 60 watts (20 volts, 3 amps). This charger supports the former but will automatically switch to 15-watt, 27-watt, and 36-watt rates as needed to fast-charge phones and other devices. When plugged into a 13-inch MacBook Pro, it properly charged at 60 watts with 20.4 volts. It passed the Total Phase tests, as expected.

The 5-foot cable that comes with the 65-watt charger is designed to support up to 100 watts, which we verified with Total Phase testing. The charger and cable combo comes with an 18-month warranty, as well.

Few travel-size chargers offer two USB-C ports, and even fewer offer the same overall power delivery as this Amazon charger. It can handle a wide array of devices, too: It allowed a proper 60-watt draw when charging a 13-inch MacBook Pro in our tests and was just as fast with the more powerful 16-inch model as the included Apple charger.

There are plenty of affordable third-party options if you need to replace your MacBook's MagSafe or USB-C charger. But is it safe to use a non-Apple charger for your MacBook? They may be cheaper, but are they still a good idea?

Ken Shirriff did a fascinating teardown of Apple's MagSafe 85W charger for his blog and made some surprising discoveries. First of all, Apple puts a lot more components into its chargers than you might expect. The MagSafe charger even includes a 16-bit microprocessor.

This microprocessor monitors the voltage and current running through the charger and shuts it down in case anything goes wrong. It's a handy safety feature that prevents dangerous overheating or power surges, protecting you and your MacBook from harm.

Similarly, a chip in the MagSafe connector communicates the charger's serial number, type, and power to the MacBook. This chip tells your computer if it's plugged in to the right type of adapter or not. It also tells the charger to start supplying more power when it's plugged in.

So what about cheaper MacBook chargers? Shirriff has also taken plenty of those apart and his findings show there aren't nearly as many safety features or components in them. What's more, the general construction quality is usually much lower, increasing the risk of electric shock or overheating.

Safety regulations for companies in other parts of the world---especially the US and the UK---are likely to be higher. So you're better off browsing Amazon for third-party chargers rather than shopping on AliExpress.

Unlike MagSafe, Apple doesn't own the USB-C design. This means third parties can legally produce their own USB-C chargers to use with your MacBook. As a result, it's possible to find USB-C chargers from reputable brands, like Anker, which are likely to offer similar safety features to Apple.

Just like third-party MagSafe chargers, these cheap adapters don't hold the same number of components and could cause damage to your MacBook, start a fire in your house, or even give you an electric shock.

Even Apple's adapters melt or flare up on occasion. So no MacBook charger is immune to failure, including official Apple ones. But if a 16-bit microcontroller monitoring the charger isn't foolproof, a third-party MacBook charger without a microcontroller must be even riskier.

There are plenty of reports of third-party chargers experiencing serious failures. Sometimes they spark fires. Other times they short out and deliver serious shocks. And they might even explode, causing serious injury.

It's very difficult to say for sure if a third-party MacBook charger is safe or not. It's always safest to buy an official charger directly from Apple, especially for MagSafe adapters. But if an official Apple charger isn't in your budget, here are some good practices to follow when looking for an alternative:

Even if you try to buy an official Apple MacBook charger, you might end up with a fake one instead. Counterfeit chargers are easy to come across online, often selling on Amazon or eBay for less than the official chargers.

As with anything else, whether or not it's a good idea to buy a cheap MacBook charger comes down to your personal priorities. Are you willing to increase the risk of fire and electric shock to save $60 on a cheaper charger?

It's also worth pointing out that using a third-party charger could void your MacBook warranty. Your original charger is covered under your warranty, so if something goes wrong with it, speak to Apple first to see if you can get a free replacement instead.

When you spend over $1,000 on a premium laptop like the MacBook Pro, it's only natural you'd want it to last as long as possible, and that includes the charger. Of course, accidents do happen, and you can still break or lose your charger, but that's no reason to stop using the laptop. There are plenty of replacement chargers out there, so you can easily get one that works for your MacBook Pro.

Finding a MacBook Pro charger is actually pretty easy because Apple has been using USB Type-C for years now. The rest of the industry took a little longer to make the transition, but the vast majority, if not all the best Windows laptops today use USB Power Delivery. That means these chargers are everywhere, and there's no shortage of options. The newer models released in 2021 onward also support the new MagSafe 3 charging connector, but you can choose whichever method you prefer, and most chargers don't include a cable, so the power adapter itself can be the same, you just need the appropriate cable.

That should give you plenty of options for chargers if you have a MacBook Pro. You have some official, but pricey ones, along with many third-party options that are cheaper or more capable (or both). Arguably, it's always best to go with the official options, but thanks to standards like USB Power Delivery, you should be fine with any of these. The Hyphen-X or Belkin chargers may be particularly interesting if you're trying to reduce clutter on your outlet, for example.

Some of the MacBook charger replacements on this list provide more than one charging port, making it easy to charge your MacBook and your smartphone at the same time. Also, a lot of the charger alternatives on this list have a more compact design and are significantly less bulky than the original MacBook chargers.

This Anker charger provides the best of both worlds with up to 100W charging via one USB-C cable or a distributed output among four different connected devices. In total, there are two USB-C ports and two USB-A ports.

Anker uses their PowerIQ technology to help deliver high-speed charging to your devices. This charger also has intelligent power allocation, so if you have four devices plugged in at once, the charger will determine the best output distribution automatically.

This charger from RAVPower has a 61W output, which is more than plenty for your MacBook Air. The charger that comes with the MacBook Air only has a 30W output. With 61W, this charger could even charge the MacBook Pro 13-inch model in less than two hours.

After I lost the original charger for my macbook pro 15" (mid 2010) earlier this year, I have been using knock off chargers with it. I have used at least 3 knock off chargers and all of them got burnt after few weeks (pics attached). Even the charging port is now showing some damage (pic attached).

Realizing my mistake, I am now thinking to buy the original charger but I am not sure if the problem is only due to the charger or is their any damage with the charging point which will end up burning the original charger as well. Can someone please look at the attached pics and advice if the problem is with just the knock off chargers or is there an issue with charging port.

I am based out of India and there are no Apple Stores here. So, can't get it evaluated either. I can get a new genuine charger for $100 here which i am happy to buy but just wanted to make sure that my port is not damaged and it won't end up burning the new genuine charger as well.

The only way you can begin any forensic process is to get the MBP powered on. Therefore you must have a power source, which means getting a charger. Unless you do that, you will have an inoperative MBP.

I forgot my macbook pro charger at a friends place and I won't have it for a week. I saw that there are 3rd party chargers being sold for half the price of official chargers. Can 3rd party chargers damage my macbook pro? After I get my normal charger back in a week I will be mostly using that one and keep the new one as an extra, so I won't be using it fulltime. 041b061a72

Informações

Bem-vindo ao grupo! Você pode se conectar com outros membros...
bottom of page